Remote Car Starter Installations
Why get into a Cold vehicle when you don’t have to?
Westys Equipment specializes in automotive electrical installations.
So let us install a remote start system in your car, truck or van.
We offer a great selection of remote starters and smartphone apps
T-harness installation cable kits are available to minimize altering your vehicle’s wiring
Installations completed by one of our experienced technicians
There are essentially three types of remote starters
Utilizing your vehicles factory key fob/remote
From $325 Installed
We install a module that communicates with the vehicle. For example, pressing the lock button three times on the factory remote will start the vehicle and run for the pre-programmed amount of time.
- Relatively simple installation
- Start range/distance limited to your vehicles factory key fobs
- In most vehicles, the horn will honk on the 2nd and 3rd press
- No confirmation of a successful start
- Some vehicles lock out the factory remotes after starting the vehicle. So you would have to use the key to open the door
- Does not work in all vehicles
Utilizing aftermarket remotes
From $450 Installed
We would still install a module that communicates with the vehicle as well as an antenna with remotes. Then, by pressing and holding the start button, it will start the vehicle and run for the set amount of time.
- Provides a more extended range/distance of operation
- Remotes can be two-way communicating, providing conformation of start and even the vehicle temperature.
- You have to add a remote to your key chain
- You mount an antenna on the windshield
Utilizing a phone Application
From $600 Installed
We would still install a module that communicates with the vehicle as well as an antenna that transmits to the phone app. The antenna can also be used to add handheld remotes. The phone app is similar to the remotes. By pressing and holding the start button, it will start the vehicle and run for the set amount of time. It will also confirm that the vehicle has started. You can lock and unlock your vehicle with the app as well.
- The app works from anywhere you have an internet connection (cellular or WIFI)
- The app shows you when the vehicle has started, GPS location and interior temperature
- The Viper Smart Start App now comes with a lifetime cellular subscription, and it is very reliable
- Provides confirmation when you lock or unlock the vehicle.
- The Viper system is very reliable but does cost more.
- The Fortin Evo-Start2 app is free to access its network of towers. However, coverage is limited to major centers. See the coverage map on their website
Complete the form below for your no-obligation Estimate
Since several options are available for remotes, all type-2 estimates will include a one-way remote for start function only (unless specified above). We can add other remote options. We can also add security options to the system. All installations will include a T-Harness when available. The T-Harness minimizes the cuts and taps into the vehicle wiring.